Thursday, January 13, 2011

GirlTalk Blog

I subscribe to many different blogs (maybe too many), and I am always so encouraged by the ladies on the GirlTalk Blog: conversations about biblical womanhood and other fun stuff.

They started a 5'oclock Club in 2010 (I think) to encourage other ladies to wake up early to sit at Jesus's feet before the spouse and kiddos got up and the day began. It would be a nice goal to do one day, if I could ever get to bed before 11, but I was specifically encouraged by this posting, Fighting laziness and pursuing holiness. Our perseverence brings glory to God, as we continue to grow in a full understanding of Scripture. So whether it be a 5,6,7, or 8:00 club, sitting at His feet is what is most important.

"And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment, so that you may approve what is excellent, and so be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God."
-Philippians. 1:9-11

0 comments: