Monday, July 18, 2011

Mostly Vegetarian

Lately I have been inspired by some amazing vegan/raw food blogs to incorporate more (mostly) vegan meals during the week. Although I don't think I could ever be an everyday vegan (due to my unhealthy obsession with sushi and goat cheese), the recipes are so fresh and delicious! Some of my favorite new ingredients to experiment with are coconut oil and miso. I love putting them on anything and everything.

Recently I threw together a "Yellow Soup", and found it to be very yummy and filling:
1 bag dried Yellow Split Peas
1 bag of frozen corn
3 peeled Russet Potatoes (cubed)
2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
1 Tbsp of Dried Rosemary
Salt and Pepper to Taste















In addition, my tomatoes I planted from seed are finally showing some fruit. I feel like such a proud plant owner. :)

0 comments: