Friday, April 22, 2011

The Joy of Saving a Few Bucks

It has come to my attention this past week that I am known as the "coupon girl" by many friends and family. While I hope to never come off as being obsessive, I truly love good deals and saving money. However, I often need to check my heart before I check the "You saved $..." section at the bottom of the recipe because it is so easy for me to become prideful. In fact, I have even found myself somewhat worked up when a cashier won't allow me to use a certain coupon... how silly! Even tasks as easy as finding good deals and using coupons reveals the sinful condition of my heart. While it is great to be frugal, my ultimate goal should be to glorify God in every interaction regardless of the circumstance. With that being said, I was giddy the other day after coming home from Ralphs with some groceries having spent very little. Here is the damage: I got all this for less than $1.50 with coupons and sales.















I am sure most people have heard of the deal saving websites, but my favorites are:
MoneySavingMom.com
TotallyTarget.com
SlickDeals.com

I highly recommend following them if you don't already... it has completely changed the way I buy groceries.

Also, in light of it being Good Friday, how great are these lyrics:
You can click here, to hear it on Youtube.

Oh, to see the dawn
Of the darkest day:
Christ on the road to Calvary.
Tried by sinful men,
Torn and beaten, then
Nailed to a cross of wood.

CHORUS:
This, the pow'r of the cross:
Christ became sin for us;
Took the blame, bore the wrath—
We stand forgiven at the cross.

Oh, to see the pain
Written on Your face,
Bearing the awesome weight of sin.
Ev'ry bitter thought,
Ev'ry evil deed
Crowning Your bloodstained brow.

Now the daylight flees;
Now the ground beneath
Quakes as its Maker bows His head.
Curtain torn in two,
Dead are raised to life;
"Finished!" the vict'ry cry.

Oh, to see my name
Written in the wounds,
For through Your suffering I am free.
Death is crushed to death;
Life is mine to live,
Won through Your selfless love.

FINAL CHORUS:
This, the pow'r of the cross:
Son of God—slain for us.
What a love! What a cost!
We stand forgiven at the cross.

Keith and Kristyn Getty's Power of the Cross. Truly Amazing.

0 comments: